1. After reading through the text of the Preface and Sanctus, is there anything that stands out to you that you never noticed/heard before?
2. Why is preparation for an important event necessary?
3. What “rituals” do you do to help yourself focus on work or a particular activity?
4. How do you express praise, gratitude, or admiration of the people you love?
5. What does it feel like to receive praise for someone you love or admire?
Once past morning prayer, finding silent time during the day to pray and "acclaim the Lord" has always been difficult. Listening to praise and worship music on music streaming services while doing housework keeps me going and the basic theology of the lyrics keeps me focused on God's unfathomable love. It beats listening to the news or secular music.
Something that stood out for me in the Preface, (first paragraph, second line), is the phrase "at all times". I'm not sure why this speaks to me today, but maybe simply it's reading these words at home as opposed to in church. It is our duty to acclaim the Lord at church, yes. But how often do I acclaim the Lord, and feel it is my duty to acclaim the Lord outside of church during my normal busy days? Another phrase that I often think about is "angelic hosts" and what that exactly means. Maybe someone can shed light on that - how do the angels host?! I find that fascinating.